BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The search for Preggie Pops...

So for those of you who don't know I have been hard core battling with my arch enemy (who also goes by the name morning sickness) for about a week now.... and I am losing horribly.

It lasts all. day. long. On some days it has been so horrible that I have been completely unable to go through my daily routine! Recently on a CafeMom forum (btw, I heart CafeMom) I asked for some suggestions about how to start winning my battle with the green, queasy monster. One of the suggestions I received was to buy something called Preggie Pops. I'm guessing most people have heard of them. I decided that I must find some to try.

So this morning I did everything I could to make myself get up and ready and out of the house. First off, I stopped by the post office. I had to finally mail the pregnancy announcements (complete with picture of the princess in a big sister shirt and due date) that I ordered...err.... a week ago? I could swear I was standing next to Ruby from the My Style tv show. Unfortunately, it was not the beloved overweight red head I had hoped. I was disappointed.

Second stop, food. Zaxby's actually. It wasn't until an hour later when I was driving down the road slurping my second glass of their ugh-mazing sweet tea when I thought "HOLY COW! HOW MUCH CAFFEINE HAVE I HAD?" I don't ever think about tea being caffeinated since I make mine decaf at home. Surely, since I never drink caffeine it wasn't too much.

So0o anywho, BabiesRUs was a BUST. No preggie pops anywhere! An hour later, after searching down every single flippin aisle, I left empty handed. I texted ChaCha (oh, I also lurve my ChaCha) for the number to Motherhood Maternity. Called them, they had them, YES! Took a quick trip to Walmart where I was able to buy a few low calorie snacks to keep me going all day and then headed to Motherhood.

Great, this should be easy enough. I can just pop in, grab them, and leave to get the princess down for her nap. I walk in and hear "Hi, Welcome to Motherhood Maternity. I'm _____. Have you shopped with us before? How can I help you today?" and in my head I realize 'Oh no. You are going to be a problem.'

"Yes, I've been here before. I actually just need to get some preggie pops. Thanks."

"Oh, let me show you. We have these organic kind. This package has more than this other package. Now do you have really bad morning sickness?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Well, if you have it really bad you may need to tell your doctor. They can prescribe you something...." (By this point Im hearing BLAH BLAH BLAH!)

"Ah-hah, okay, thanks. I have an appointment next week."

"Alright, now how are you paints fitting?!"

Seriously, lady???.... like, SERIOUSLY? SHUT. UP. She kept talking... but theres no need in me filling you in. By the time I made it to the register with a cranky child still on my hip making my arm feel like it was about to fall off AND having to pee uncontrollably she was still talking.

"Are you sure you just want to get the one package?"
"I'd like to see if they work first, thanks."
"Oh, they definitely work. They're doctor approved!"
"That's great. I'm just buying the one package though now. THANK YOU."

So after having to give her all my information and another long conversation about if I needed anything else (you'd think the lady worked off commission) I finally got out of there.

Thankfully, the preggie pops seem to work miracles. I'm very very happy with them. I was even able to go on a walk tonight! Hopefully that helped burn off a few of those calories from the honey mustard dressing on my Zaxby's salad. :)

Unfortunately, this means I will have to return for more eventually.

Good Lord, I hope that lady isn't there.

1 comments:

SteeleDreaming said...

stock up next time!! she sounds horrible